The importance of choosing the right career path is huge as your future revolves around this one decision. The best-paid jobs are the ones that are adapting to ever-evolving digitalization. Those days are gone when the highest paying jobs were just doctors, engineers, charted accountants, or diplomats. Currently, there is no dearth of professions that offer high salaries and immense job satisfaction.
As we step into 2022, many professionals are considering giving their careers a new direction by transitioning into a new field while high school students are still deciding careers to pursue.
So, in this article, we explore eight high-paying careers that are growing the fastest and will be hiring the most in 2022.
- Healthcare: The COVID-19 pandemic had an enormous impact on health care workers. Some caught the virus, many became ill or even lost their lives. Although there has been a shortage of skilled nurses for years, the pandemic brought this problem to the forefront. That’s one reason healthcare is a top field of the future. Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any other occupational group. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in healthcare occupations is projected to grow 16 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.6 million new jobs.
- Data Scientist: With an increasing number of companies going digital and churning out large volumes of data, Data Scientists are amongst the most sought-after professionals. These professionals are primarily concerned with analyzing, processing, and modeling data that help companies make better business decisions for the future. It is among the top 20 rapidly growing occupations with a projected growth rate of 31% by the next ten years. It is a lucrative career option that offers an insanely high salary, amazing growth opportunities, and global recognition.
- Full Stack Developer: A Full Stack Developer works on both the front-end or client-side and backend or server-side of web applications. As per the latest research, there is a 20% growth in the demand for Full Stack Developers. As the line between what can be done on the front end versus the back end increasingly blurs, more developers are becoming what we call Full Stack Developers. If you're wondering whether tech is right for you, take InternMart's Career Aptitude Test or One-on-One Career Consultation to find out!
- Digital Marketing: Digital marketing has become one of the most in-demand career paths today, expected to grow in popularity in the future as well. Marketing itself has been revolutionized by technology, offering new channels such as social media, affiliate marketing, and digital content. Digital marketers are responsible for steering campaigns to bring in revenue. As per the latest reports, the digital marketing domain is expected to unlock over 60 million new jobs by 2025.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant: This is another medical career that has taken a jump in demand with a projected 36% increase in hiring. If you enjoy working on your feet and helping people improve the quality of their lives, this might be the career for you! As an occupational therapist, you will help patients develop the skills they need to do a range of daily activities, from getting dressed to working, learning, and playing. We recommend you take career counseling to explore if this is the right fit for you. Online career counselling has come as a blessing in disguise. Now students and professionals can take up online career counselling from anywhere in the world.
- Financial Management: Careers in this field are expected to grow by 15% over the next decade. Financial managers are hired to examine a company's spending and income while looking for ways to maximize profitability. Fortune 500 companies often seek candidates with an MBA, although smaller organizations hire financial managers with a bachelor’s degree. The median income approaches $120,000. Do you love working with numbers? Are you a good communicator and planner? You may want to consider a career as a financial manager!
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer: Artificial Intelligence Engineer is an IT expert whose main aim is to develop AI models using machine learning and deep learning concepts to draw business insights. As per the latest prediction, Artificial Intelligence is expected to create 2.4 million jobs, which means that a job in this domain offers immense job satisfaction and an insanely high salary. To become an AI engineer you need to have in-depth knowledge of programming skills, mathematics, ML algorithms, Natural Language Processing, etc.
- Nurse Practitioner: ?We saved the best for the last. With a projected 52% increase in hiring, a nurse practitioner is one of the most sought-after careers of the future. As a professional in this field, you can expect to bring home about $111,680 per year and be honored as a person saving lives. Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Anesthetists, and Nurse-Midwives are all commonly referred to as advanced practice registered nurses or APRNs. They coordinate patient care and may provide primary and even specialty healthcare.
How do you know which of these is the best career for you?
Don’t just choose one of these careers because it pays well or your parents think it’s a good fit for you. To find out if your personality fits one of these careers, opt for career counseling or take a career aptitude test for your work personality, learn about your core strengths in a working environment, and see the list of careers that fit you best. This will help guide you to the best career for you.
Once you decide your career path, the next step is to gain knowledge about the skills, certification, and training to land into these most in-demand and high-paying career options.