Description: We are a Bay Area non-profit organization whose mission is to nurture the love and literacy of music in children's classrooms and lives by trained community volunteers and providing performance opportunities since 1988. We seek to promote music in elementary schools where music teachers cannot be hired due to the budget cuts. We are looking for Music Interns to join our team for one school year (Sep 2020 - May 2021). Applicants should be organized and committed. Prior music background is desirable, but not necessary! Specific duties include:
• Attend the free virtual docent training - Sept 21 - Nov 9, 2020 (11 sessions via Zoom). Orientation on September 16 @ 7-8:30pm via Zoom. Training Flyer to be provided by the organization.
• On completion of the training, music interns will teach music to elementary students online for ½ hour each week, in a local school in Fremont, Newark or Castro Valley between 9am-3pm.
• Exact times to be worked out between student, teacher, and the organization.
• Since schools are closed, all music classes will be online via Zoom/Google Meet. The classroom teacher will be present during all Zoom music classes. Ongoing support through docent mentors and online lesson plans.
• Must love music and kids and be able to sing on pitch.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be reliable, punctual, and trustworthy.
• Must be a team player.
• Experience of working with large groups of children is a bonus - 23 to 30 children are usually the school class size; classroom management techniques will be given in training and the teacher will always be in the class.
• Fill out the online application: will be provided by the organization.
Duration: One School Year (mid Sep 2020 - end May 2021). Work from home.
Stipend: None but interns can earn community service hours for training, planning, and teaching music, as well as a letter of recommendation.
Qualification: High School Student (Incoming 11th - 12th grader)
Required Skills: Strong written and verbal communication, team player Soft
Skills: Organizational skills, strong communication (emails, phone, google docs/MS Word); access to computer/phone with camera.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing intern to join our team for the summer. Applicants should be proficient in the Google suite, use diverse social media, and adapting to a fast ...
Posted 05 April
We seek a talented Content Writing & Marketing Research Intern to create compelling blog posts, white papers, product descriptions, social media content, and web copy along with as ...
Posted 18 January
We are seeking a talented and creative student that is interested in pursuing a career in graphic design, online marketing, or branding. The candidate will need to be highly motiva ...
Posted 10 December
Description: This is a Bay Area non-profit Our organization is a Bay Area 501(c)3 non-profit that provides an innovative platform for artists from diverse backgrounds to c ...
Posted 14 October
Job Description We are looking for passionate students or technology industry enthusiasts to join our team as interns. The interns will interact directly with the executive team a ...
Posted 12 October
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join us and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand, and maintain our ...
Posted 23 September
We seek an intern with hands-on experience in software development (either HTML5, Java, Python or Mobile/App dev) or someone interested in designing and building wireframes and pro ...
Posted 25 August
We seek a talented Content Writing & Marketing Research Intern to create compelling blog posts, white papers, product descriptions, social media content and web copy along with ...
Posted 13 August
We seek talented Digital Design Intern high school students interested in pursuing a career in digital design, online marketing, or branding. The candidate will need to be highly ...
Posted 13 August
Description: We are a Bay Area non-profit organization whose mission is to nurture the love and literacy of music in children's classrooms and lives by trained community volunteers ...
Posted 07 August
No of Positions