We are looking for Public Health Interns to bring stroke awareness in the underserved communities in 5 specific regions in the world: USA/North America, India, Europe, Latin America, and Africa. This position is focused on Africa. We are a global health campaign, founded by the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN) in 2016, to accelerate access to the stroke thrombectomy surgery globally.
The goal of the campaign is to coalesce global public health efforts with a goal to double access to thrombectomy for stroke caused by large vessel occlusion (LVO) in the brain every two years. Since the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic, the healthcare systems around the world have seen severe capacity constraints, and a large number of stroke patients have not received this life saving therapy as a consequence. Because the pandemic and its impact are expected to sustain for several years, it is critical to study the challenges affecting stroke care in each of the major regions in the world.
The outcomes from your research will allow our organization to engage public health officials in the region to address the negative impact of COVID-19 on access to stroke treatment. Note: this internship does NOT involve any human subject research.
1. Research tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and email to be incorporated in research activity.
2. Develop project scope and objectives in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
3. Identifying a mechanism to engage middle and high school students in the region to educate them about stroke and its treatments.
4. Design an outreach and public health education plan for your region by collecting data about schools, demographics, and talking to relevant stakeholders (school officials).
5. Ensure timely research execution, comprehensive research documentation, and development of weekly and finally reports.
1. Well-documented process and procedure that any of our Public Health interns can use to build on using standard open-source tools like Google Docs, Google Sheets.
2. Demonstrate this process working on the current research project.
3. A comprehensive MS Word and PowerPoint report detailing the insights and conclusions from your research.
4. Create an informative engaging video, as a completion of the project.
5. A set of recommendations for the organization to engage with the regional public health officials You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Organization.
Duration: 10 weeks (expected 10-15 hrs per week)
Expected start date: October, 2020
Work From Home Internship
Industry Type: Health/Research/NeuroScience
Required Skills: MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, attention to detail, reasoning aptitude, ability to engage stakeholders
Desired Skills: Social media avenues to engage larger population and make an impact, survey taking skills, market research, data analytics, technical writing
Keywords: Healthcare, stroke treatment, acute ischemic stroke, medical, mechanical thrombectomy, doctors, health officials, global health, underserved patients.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing intern to join our team for the summer. Applicants should be proficient in the Google suite, use diverse social media, and adapting to a fast ...
Posted 05 April
We seek a talented Content Writing & Marketing Research Intern to create compelling blog posts, white papers, product descriptions, social media content, and web copy along with as ...
Posted 18 January
We are seeking a talented and creative student that is interested in pursuing a career in graphic design, online marketing, or branding. The candidate will need to be highly motiva ...
Posted 10 December
Description: This is a Bay Area non-profit Our organization is a Bay Area 501(c)3 non-profit that provides an innovative platform for artists from diverse backgrounds to c ...
Posted 14 October
Job Description We are looking for passionate students or technology industry enthusiasts to join our team as interns. The interns will interact directly with the executive team a ...
Posted 12 October
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join us and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand, and maintain our ...
Posted 23 September
We seek an intern with hands-on experience in software development (either HTML5, Java, Python or Mobile/App dev) or someone interested in designing and building wireframes and pro ...
Posted 25 August
We seek a talented Content Writing & Marketing Research Intern to create compelling blog posts, white papers, product descriptions, social media content and web copy along with ...
Posted 13 August
We seek talented Digital Design Intern high school students interested in pursuing a career in digital design, online marketing, or branding. The candidate will need to be highly ...
Posted 13 August
Description: We are a Bay Area non-profit organization whose mission is to nurture the love and literacy of music in children's classrooms and lives by trained community volunteers ...
Posted 07 August
No of Positions