We are looking for Public Health Interns to bring stroke awareness in the underserved communities in 5 specific regions in the world: USA/North America, India, Europe, Latin America, and Africa. This position is focused on Africa. We are a global health campaign, founded by the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN) in 2016, to accelerate access to the stroke thrombectomy surgery globally.
The goal of the campaign is to coalesce global public health efforts with a goal to double access to thrombectomy for stroke caused by large vessel occlusion (LVO) in the brain every two years. Since the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic, the healthcare systems around the world have seen severe capacity constraints, and a large number of stroke patients have not received this life saving therapy as a consequence. Because the pandemic and its impact are expected to sustain for several years, it is critical to study the challenges affecting stroke care in each of the major regions in the world.
The outcomes from your research will allow our organization to engage public health officials in the region to address the negative impact of COVID-19 on access to stroke treatment. Note: this internship does NOT involve any human subject research.
1. Research tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and email to be incorporated in research activity.
2. Develop project scope and objectives in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
3. Identifying a mechanism to engage middle and high school students in the region to educate them about stroke and its treatments.
4. Design an outreach and public health education plan for your region by collecting data about schools, demographics, and talking to relevant stakeholders (school officials).
5. Ensure timely research execution, comprehensive research documentation, and development of weekly and finally reports.
1. Well-documented process and procedure that any of our Public Health interns can use to build on using standard open-source tools like Google Docs, Google Sheets.
2. Demonstrate this process working on the current research project.
3. A comprehensive MS Word and PowerPoint report detailing the insights and conclusions from your research.
4. Create an informative engaging video, as a completion of the project.
5. A set of recommendations for the organization to engage with the regional public health officials You will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Organization.
Duration: 10 weeks (expected 10-15 hrs per week). This internship has a potential to extend through the year. Non summer hrs of commitment is 4-5 hrs per week.
Expected start date: June, 2021
Industry Type: Health/Research/NeuroScience
Required Skills: MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, attention to detail, reasoning aptitude, ability to engage stakeholders
Desired Skills: Social media avenues to engage larger population and make an impact, survey taking skills, market research, data analytics, technical writing
Keywords: Healthcare, stroke treatment, acute ischemic stroke, medical, mechanical thrombectomy, doctors, health officials, global health, underserved patients.
We seek a dynamic, self-starter to assist outreach & marketing efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of outreach & marketing while work ...
Posted December 09
CLT India is seeking a Full-time Visual Artist for the Organisation. The role will report to the Lead Graphic Designer
Posted October 27
CLT India is seeking a Full-time Graphic Designer for the Organisation. The role will report to the Lead Graphic Designer.
Posted October 26
CLT India is seeking a Full-time Digital Marketing for the Organisation. The role will report to the Marketing Operations Lead.
Posted October 26
About the role: CLT India is seeking a Full-time Grant Writer for the Organisation. The role will report to the CEO.
Posted October 26
We seek a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working ...
Posted October 16
We seek a talented Content Writing & Marketing Research Intern to create compelling blog posts, white papers, product descriptions, social media content, and web copy along with as ...
Posted October 04
Posted July 08
*Description: We seek a talented Content Writing & Marketing Research Intern to create compelling blog posts, white papers, product descriptions, social media content and web c ...
Posted May 26
*Description: We are seeking a talented candidate who is s interested in pursuing a career in graphic design, online marketing, or branding. The candidate will need to be highly ...
Posted May 26
No of Positions
Critical Thinking, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, ability to engage stakeholders, reasoning aptitude, attention to detail, Social media avenues to engage larger population and make an impact, survey taking skills, market research, data analytics